What is Direct Primary Care?
Direct Primary Care is healthcare fixed!
Attention shifts exclusively to the patient
Primary care physicans have long recognized that the critical alliance is between the patient and the physician. Adding an insurance company to look over our shoulders has never helped anything. Instead it has created unecessary burdens and interference.
For decades the government and big insurance have manipulated the relationship. They have fouled up the meaning of caring for patients. Direct Primary Care physicians are devolving healthcare to return the focus to the patient.
Features of a typical Direct Primary Care practice are:
- Inreased attention on the patient (ease of same day/next day appointment, longer visits, no or minimal wait time)
- Physicians do not contract with the insurance companies nor do they bill insurances (except for certain rare instances)
- Enhanced contact options (face-to-face, or if you can't come in, via phone, video, direct call, text, email)
- Smaller number of patients per physician to allow greater focus on each patient.
- Discount on many labs and medications.
- YOUR patient-centered medical home.
Is this "concierge" medicine?
DPC is NOT concierge in the typical model. You may know of physicians who have had their practices influenced by national organizations that have that practice charge a large monthly fee in order for a patient to remain a part of that practice.
In addition to the membership fee, that typical concierge practice may ALSO collect copays and bills the insurance company. DPC is a model that rests on the smaller monthly membership fee only and typically has NO collection of copays nor deductibles nor do they bill the patient's insurance company.
Simply put...for a small monthly membership fee, we are your health team on retainer, available now, with advantages.
As simply stated, "At once, both a cutting edge and historically proven health care delivery and payment structure."
What is the Lousiana Direct Primary Care Coalition?
We are an advocacy group for patients
We are a grass roots organization of doctors seeking to inform the public, our patients and our legislators as to the merits of patient-centered health care.
Our task is not to convince any "health care experts" as we are the real healthcare experts.
LDPCC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization seeking better health for Louisianians. We are not a clinic. We are a like-minded group of physicians attempting to improve health care options
Our Mission is to:
- Support and promote the development of patient centered Direct Primary Care practices
- Improve primary care for all citizens of Louisiana regardless of status
- Encourage medical students to choose Family Medicine or other forms of primary care as their specialty
- Reduce health care costs for Louisiana citizens, employers, and taxpayers
- Help make Louisiana the healthiest state in the nation
We are a physician group
We are physicians trained in treating patients. Our collaboration is driven by one goal: improved care. While much of the medical community is drowning in government and insurance-related regulatory burdens we have shed those and work towards healthcare as our medical training has taught us.
It is said that medical students who chose primary care (Family Medicine, Primary Internal Medicine, Pediatrics) would do no other specialty. It is where their heart is.
We expect certain standards
- Personalized health care
- Focusing our attention on a smaller number of patients
- Same day/next day scheduling with little or no wait
- Extended, unhurried, and relaxed office visits
- Telehealth visits when you can't make it in
- Quality time to cover your health needs
- No hesitancy about seeking care
- Intense focus on HEALTH MAINTENANCE and DISEASE PREVENTION
- A doctor who knows you, your personal situation, directly
- Affordable health care! No copays for typical insureds.Predictable primary care costs.
- Privacy! No sending YOUR Protected Health Information to an insurance company
We do NOT accept:
- Insurance company interference
- Spending time on paperwork that has nothing to do with your health
- Negotiating away our (your) rights with big government or insurance
- Pressure to see excessive numbers of patients per day
- That anyone knows your health better than your personal doctor
- Sending your personal health information to an insurance company
We DO accept donations to help our cause